- Type: Low output moving coil cartridge
- Magnet: Alnico magnet with flux damper
- Output Voltage: 0.26mV (at 1KHz, 5cm/sec.)
- Channel Separation: 30 dB (at 1KHz)
- Channel balance: 1.0 dB (at 1KHz) Frequency response: 20 -
20,000Hz (± 1dB)
- Compliance: 10 x 10-6 cm/dyn
- Tracking force: 1.8 - 2.2 grams
- DC resistance: 5 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >30 ohms
- Cantilever: 6mm length solid boron
- Stylus: PF Line contact shape
- Stylus radius: 7 x 30 micron
- Weight: 9.8 grams
The wait is over after nine years of Te Kaitora bliss the new Te Kaitora Rua
invites you to embark and once again experience the unique.
The original Te Kaitora cartridge was the result of collaboration between
Dynavector Japan and Dynavector New Zealand. The Te Kaitora allowed analogue
enthusiasts to embark on a voyage of discovery to the outer limits of vinyl
The improved Te Kaitora Rua continues the journey by incorporating many of the
newest features of its Dynavector stable-mates, the XV-1s and XX-2. The Te
Kaitora Rua has even managed to improve on the original's silk-like treble and
The wire for the coil has been changed to the PCOCC copper wire from the silver
wire. It sounds a much smoother and has a much better musical performance.
A titanium headpiece for maximum ridgity along with a miniature stainless steel
bolt coupling the front and rear yokes to the magnetic circuit assembly.
A 6mm long boron cantilever with the Pathfinder (PF) line contact stylus as used
with both Dynavector XV-1s and XX-2.
The ingenious square shaped armature and matching square shaped aperture in the
front yoke providing much improved linearity in the magnetic flux distribution.
Alnico magnets are used for high magnetic flux density.
Note: Te Kaitora means "The Discoverer" in the language of the NZ Maori people,
Rua, is "the second version".